How to make Haitian Cremas
- 1 L of rhum with 40 % or more Alcohol concentration
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 14 oz sweet condensed milk
- 12 oz evaporated milk (Carnation or other)
- 15 oz cream of Coconut
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of limes
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon sticks, and water in a saucepan then place on low heat.
- Let the sugar dissolve.
- Wait for sugar syrup to form
- Remove from heat
- Pour into a large bowl and let cool.
- Pour the rhum to the sugar syrup then mix them thoroughly
- Add the sweetened condensed milk
- Add the evaporated milk and coconut cream.
- Add lime zest, vanilla and almond extracts, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Set aside for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Strain through a fine mesh and your cremas is ready to serve.
- Pour any remaining cremas in glass bottles then store in a cool place.
Share / Patajel ...