How to make Haitian Pikliz
Pikliz (Pee-cleez) is a spicy topping in the Haitian cuisine made with a mixture of vegetables, hot pepper and Vinegar. Pikliz makes every food taste better specially meat.
- 1 cup thinly sliced or shredded green cabbage
- 1⁄8 cup thinly sliced or shredded white onion
- 1⁄8 cup shredded carrot ( You can buy bag mixture of Shredded cabbage and carrot in some super market.)
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, stem removed and minced
- 2 cups white vinegar or 1 cup sour orange juice (from about a dozen oranges)
- 1 cup water
- In a large stainless-steel bowl
- Combine cabbage, onion, carrot and hot pepper and mix them well.
- Put the vegetables into a 16-ounce jar
- Pour the white vinegar on them
- Add water then marinate for at least a 5 minutes before serving.
- Keep the remaining refrigerated, it will last at least 2 weeks.
- Pikliz goes perfect with GRIYO*
Share / Patajel ...