How to make Haitian Acra
- 1lb of malanga
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 tsp of ground pepper
- 1 tbsp of seasoning salt
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp of parsley
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp of garlic powder or mashed
- Clean then peel the malanga.
- Grate the malanga in a bowl.
- Mash it with a fork or spoon.
- Add the egg to the mixture
- Add all the other ingredients and mix them thoroughly.
- Pour the oil in a deep fryer or skillet
- Let the oil heat until it’s very hot
- Take spoonful of the mixture and put them in the oil 1 at a time.
- Flip them over if necessary to brown evenly.
- Remove and set aside to let them cool down for about 5 mins.